Tuesday, April 19, 2016

"Follow the leader"

I recently just realized that, I spent too much time and  basically half of my life aiming towards someone else’s dreams. I spent a long time visualizing a life which was considered as “the norm”.  But on my journey as a Christian seeking to see God’s hand in my everyday life, I’ve come to realize that, what I wanted wasn’t what I was designed for and that I don’t have to live according to the standards of this world and what it calls “a normal life” because we are created for something higher. I then, developed an attitude whereby I know and I understand that I have to live for God’s plan and that plan has to be carried out eventually, regardless of how long it takes. So how then does God’s plan start taking action in your life?  By constantly following the Holy Spirit and what it leads your heart to doing. Being on a daily walk, side by side with the Holy Spirit reveals a lot to you and you grow to understand more. The Holy Spirit doesn’t lead you to the so called “norm” but instead it wants to make an exception out of you. Society shouldn’t control us to drifting us from our faith and what we believe in but instead we should be controlled by the higher power which is none other than the Holy Spirit.

The bible says in John 14:17, “I will ask the father and he will give you another helper, who will stay with you forever”.  This helper that we were fortune enough to be granted free of charge is the holy spirit, which is appointed to guiding us each step of the way.



1 comment: