Friday, October 30, 2015

ACCEPTANCE

There’s a lot that goes on in our lives that we can’t change, we usually don’t understand them mostly instead; the harder we fight to change or control them the heavier it gets for us to handle them emotionally but the sooner we realize that; we just got to let it happen and deal with it in the best way we can. The faster we live happier than usual

So, with that being said...This is my story;

After a few months of undergoing my chemotherapy treatment, the inevitable happened whereby I sat and watched my hair fall off every single day. It took time for me to deal with it, I had braids on at the time so it fell off slowly by slowly, like 4 pieces of braids a day etc until one day I decided, you know what Karen? LET IT GO... LET IT GO….LET IT GO. That is when I woke up one morning and I finally took the incentive to cut it all off once and for all.

For months, I invested in turbans and wigs; I’d spend hours and hours on YouTube watching wrap tutorials, checking out cool wigs and I also sent for some fairly looking wigs from around. Frankly speaking I hated them when they’d finally arrive, I remember I would always find something wrong with every wig I owned, looking for the unnecessary flaws; ah it’s too short at the back ,ah it’s too long at the front, ah I don’t like the middle style..i came to realize that all that nagging and constant complaints was because I did not want this transformation, I did not like this person I’d started looking like. It just wasn’t me

And then one day, I Found the solution to my problems; the reason behind that behavior, I had figured out what the problem was, which turned out to be a low sense of “ACCEPTANCE” I’d developed. Cambridge dictionary has a lot of meanings to it, but this is my favorite.

Acceptance is the fact of accepting a difficult or unpleasant situation. BINGOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

What was next, I had to accept what was going on with me at that moment in order to start looking at things differently so I got rid of the turbans and the wigs and it was time to go out and feel free and beautiful once again BOLD, I was a bit insecure at first but as time went by I started loving the look and also got quite a good feedback from people about my new look. Up to this day, I thank God for that courageous move, to be able to go through with it and to accept the changes I was not in control of.





6 comments:

  1. Seriously wigeze kunanuka bigeze aha
    I bet u can be the reason for me to thank God and stay in him .I used to like for no reason but here I am getting some reasons to do so .
    👉She is my sister in christ🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen your life is a testimony. Thank you so much for sharing your story because I'm sure you are giving hope to the others out there going through the same thing. I love the blog and I can't wait to read more.

    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a real life hero.....it's hard to accept change on a usual day, but beating cancer and accepting all that it comes with is another completely different thing!!! your story humbles me, your strength humbles me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strength is an inspiration..keep shining bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strength is an inspiration..keep shining bright!

    ReplyDelete