Monday, October 19, 2015

A little bit of nights that turned into days PART1





                                                                 From the top

Destination: India.Bangalore
    This was the beginning of a long journey, a journey that not even words can explain. One i can't find the right words to explain. 
That was me and my aunt Yvonne on our first trip to India,we arrived at 3 am Bangalore time and as we arrived we were grateful to meet angels along the way.

If you would have asked me what i expected,what was on my mind right then, chances are i would have said..well you see am going to India man,cool right?lol
i was on a 12 hrs flight transit from Doha to Bangalore included and i wasn't eating or drinking just living by the holy spirit himself.


But in calmness God intervenes,and he is always there to make you go through the an imaginary,see Paul said in Philippines 2;14, "Do all things without complaining. so basically when you complain you remain but when you praise you raise.

Practice the culture of hope, feeling hopeful and letting it fill your heart. I remember some nights i would go to bed thinking to myself "I'll be well tomorrow" and i believed it 100%. keeping calm is the greatest weapon because frankly speaking what can you do about it anyways?NOTHING,i went on and held onto the only thing i know i had control over at that moment which  were 'MY FAITH AND HOPE.

                                                          After 1 cycle of chemotherapy

One day as i was heading into the shower,i bumped into a mirror it had always been there but for some reason it caught my attention that moment. I looked in the mirror and saw this person,who was this? i thought to myself,how can this happen to me? all these emotions and confusions ran into my head. I'd lost over  30 kgs in the last months, i was just bones and flesh at that moment, It was tough to come from who i was to who i'd become, but i kept it cool and tried to make it look cute besides the fact that none of my cloths were fitting anymore but i did not dare to buy cloths in smaller sizes because i was positive this was for a short while and IT WAS.

I was a 19 years old girl that had been diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma. The day of the official diagnosis i walked into the hospital and they told me my previous doctor who had been running all the tests had referred me to "AN ONCOLOGIST" and we were like an onco what? a Cameroonian guy in charge of all the international patients came to us for some explanations. Eh bien, un oncologue est un medicin pour le cancer. I honestly don't recall my reaction,feeling or anything when he said that, my memory is completely blank from that part, up to this day i have tried and tried to remember but it's blank,could it be shock?,I DON'T KNOW.

5 comments:

  1. I have never seen a fighter like you, you are true warrior and I believe that your faith and positivity got you through it. You are an amazing inspiration to all cancer survivors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words of encouragement speak to my heart always,Thank you so much
      I appreciate your presence in my life

      Delete
  2. Karen I won't lie this got me tear up at somepoint...your a such a great example of how pipo can keep a positive mindset even in their darkest moments..thanks for inspiring people with your story

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, you such a fighter, Jehovah is helping you through and you are already fine

    ReplyDelete