Friday, October 12, 2018

Aligning your passion with your purpose


  Growing up, I always knew that I wanted to work in Tourism.
I was one of those kids who responded immediately to adults when asked what I wanted to do when I grow up and my response was always “I want to tour the world.  
Of course, at that time, my 8 years old self didn’t know what to call the career until a few years later when I talked to someone about my dream “oh you want to do tourism” was their response and there I was at 15 years old, I knew I had finally chosen a career and that would lead me for a while. 
Throughout high school my love for traveling never went away and it still hasn’t, so in 2015 I decided to pursue my dream academically and I registered at a school of tourism for a tour and travel short course.  
Before that I had been on a few trips, though most of them were for medical purposes I still enjoyed every second of it (that’s how much joy traveling brought to me). 
I remember in 2012 when I had to travel to India for treatment with a hip pain, an upset stomach and many other complications but I was so focused on the trip that it definitely took my mind off the pain I was enduring. The thought of traveling outside of Africa for the first time and excitement about all the adventures in India despite experiencing all of  that in pain didn’t bother me at all, just being there in that moment was all that mattered.  

Fast forward… 
  
Years later, I discovered another passion that was deep in my soul and crying to come out. 
This too started in high school as writing poems brought out my passion for writing and telling a story. 
After my travelling experience, I found myself wanting to retell my journey, so I created a blog spot account which was very active until I started the journey of writing a novel. 
On my blog I shared about each and every exciting experience I had encountered on those trips and the growth of my faith and now I mainly share about my walk of faith on this same blog spot account you are reading this from. 
And so, on the road to discovering my passion I discovered that traveling and writing were the two things I loved doing. Months later, I dropped out of the short course- turns out they weren’t really offering what I had expected to be learning and since I was at a point in my life where I was trying to figure out how to fulfill my passions and align them with my career it wasn't a hard decision to make. 
Then a few months later, since I had so much free time on my hands, I embarked on a journey of writing my very successful novel “MY NAME IS LIFE”, which felt like a crazy idea at first. 
The spirit of doubt took over on some bad days but I pressed through & even now I can't believe I did it. 
8 months later and I am still processing it... it’s still sinking in that I actually did it and finished it because I am the only person who can understand how this all came about.
I’m very sure everyone reading this can relate to an incident in their lives where they started something just for just and few years later it’s A MASTERPIECE. 
Anyways so the book is written, published and am there like so God, what next? 
  
Right now, I like to imagine that God was like “Ummm so remember your passion for travelling? 
Okay let me show you how I work.” 
  
I literally started travelling the same month I launched my book in March 2018.
I started my book tours in East Africa and mehhhnnn hasn’t this been one of the the most exciting journey of my life!!!
Here I am traveling because I was obedient to God’s purpose for my life and wrote my book.
I actually gave up on my tourism dreams because even academically I had found more of an interest in journalism- which is what I am currently pursuing academically but if I could actually do them both I would.
I've come to realize that I don't have to take tourism courses to have a career in tourism and maybe God has other plans for my travel dreams which do not include a classroom.   

   God took all my passions and aligned them with my purpose, all of them. And of course, I haven’t been everywhere I want to go but I know that my purpose will take me there because so far it’s already doing so. That is how our faithful God works. 
His no’s are for the best and I have seen it first hand, even in my day to day life when something doesn’t work out I’m immediately rejoicing because I know that there's better which I have to wait for. Xx 
  
SPECIAL NOTE: God spoke to me about this few month ago and I am happy to share this revelation with you.
I hope you can relate to it and I hope it blesses your heart xx 

                                               On my way to Zanzibar on a ferry. 
A place I've always wanted to visit for as long as I can remember.



1 comment:

  1. URGENT AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER AND LOTTERY WINNING DR GBOJIE am from canada, would want to tell you all that i was able to put an end to my divorce issue and restore my marriage again, because i never wanted it to happen. i don’t know what came over my husband that he was filling for divorce, i etried to talk him out of it when he told me and he didn’t listen to me, i had no other option than to seek for the help of a spell caster and now am glad i did. Because if not for the help of spell, i don’t know what would have become of me by now because i loved my husband so much that i couldn’t stand loosing him. The spell worked like magic with the way and manner my husband change and started showing love instead of the divorce he was planning. i just too happy that everything is in place for me now. I would gladly recommend the use of spell to any one going through marriage problems and want to put an end to it. [gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com was were i got the help to restore my marriage]website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete